About Me

My photo
Conway, Arkansas, United States
I am a mother, a reader and a writer.

Monday, November 30, 2009

The Outside World by Tovah Mirvis

I originally read Tovah Mirvis' The Outside World for a review I was to do for Hadassah Magazine. Long story short, I didn't do the review, but I still read the book and loved it. I particularly enjoyed learning about the Orthodox Jewish culture in the South -- i.e, Memphis and, believe it or not, the Kroger connection. Yes, Kroger. An interesting, informative read that also touches on the inner conflicts the central character, a young woman, faces.

The book offers both a good story and an introductory education for non-Jewish people to learn more about that religion's varied beliefs and cultures.

Mirvis is also the author of The Ladies Auxiliary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Objectionable comments will be deleted.