About Me

My photo
Conway, Arkansas, United States
I am a mother, a reader and a writer.

Monday, November 30, 2009

La Cucina by Lily Prior

A member of the now-defunct Northfield Square Book Club which I started near Chicago several years ago recommended Lu Cucina, a delightful novel, to me. It's food writing with an erotic twist. It's a far cry from Julia Child or even "food goddess" Nigella Lawson. Nor is it great literature by any means. Still, I loved it and read it quickly. It's not the type of book to go to for recipes much less significant thoughts on food. But if you're in the mood for some food writing with a hint of an R rating, consider this novel set in Sicily where the romance and the food get mighty steamy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Objectionable comments will be deleted.