About Me

My photo
Conway, Arkansas, United States
I am a mother, a reader and a writer.

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Quickie Reviews And What's Ahead

Books I've read lately:

--Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto. I pulled this one off my bookshelf after probably 20 years and regret I waited that long for such a good read. I highly recommend this interesting book that deals with grief and love and how we express -- or don't express -- those emotions.

--Gourmet Rhapsody by Muriel Barbery. The novel about a dying food critic should appeal to all lovers of literature, not just food writing. The book's two-word last sentence shows how much a good writer can say in few words.

Upcoming:
I'm reading an oldie, Pride and Prejudice, and a contemporary novel, The Handbook for Lightning Survivors. I'm looking forward to my third Maisie Dobbs mystery, to the novel The Spice Necklace and more. I'm also thinking about reading Annie Proulx's memoir, Bird Cloud. I'd like to read one of the two books on Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis' career as a book editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Objectionable comments will be deleted.