About Me

My photo
Conway, Arkansas, United States
I am a mother, a reader and a writer.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

I looked hard for this book. After all, my book club was reading it, and it had been on bestseller lists for, like, forever. And I had to admit: Three Cups of Tea is a great title. I went to three or four stores before I found it. When I finally did, I grabbed it. Then, I started the book, only to discover Mortenson and Relin can't write. Mortenson may have inspired others with this book, but he definitely didn't inspire me. I gave up after a few chapters and re-sold the boring book. I have no intention of wasting my too-short life reading such poor writing. I don't know if it's true, but I heard that the U.S. military requires people being stationed in Afghanistan to read this book. If so, maybe those forced purchases help account for the book's reign on bestseller lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Objectionable comments will be deleted.